Mini Me Yoga as a Classroom Management Tool
I made a promise to myself when I was trained as a Mini Me Yoga Ambassador, that I would work tirelessly to make sure Mini Me Yoga was in every school and daycare in Canada. I am the Ambassador for Mini Me Yoga Canada.
I work with Kate Bartram-Brown, who founded Mini Me in the UK in 2014. I wanted specifically to train Educators and give them an effective and positive Classroom Management tool.
Mini Me Yoga is taught in over 20 countries around the world! I share Kate’s passion to bring Joy to children, and I immediately saw during my Ambassador training that this program is a positive classroom management tool that every teacher of younger children can use!
No previous experience with Yoga is required.
Mini-Me Yoga is a Heart-Centered, playful approach that teaches children breathing techniques and yoga postures. We foster a child’s innate curiosity to explore yoga without rigid expectations, leaving them free to fall in love with deep belly breathing, heart-centered living, and freedom of movement, relaxation and meditation.
In this 2-hour Mini Me Yoga workshop, parents, grandparents, childcare providers and teachers learn simple techniques for introducing 15 minutes a day of yoga and positive thinking to preschool and elementary-aged children using games and exercises designed to make it fun and engaging.
Each participant receives:
Complete set of 14 Magick Yoga Cards
Online training for additional resource
Mini Me Tote Bag
Certificate of Completion Online access to the Mini Me Yoga website with additional resources for Facilitators
You learn The Mini Way
• Making energy water
• Why we do kids yoga
• Plus, at least 14 yoga poses
It’s action-packed and full of information as well as practical tools.
Everyone leaves with what they need to get started right away.
I stress to all my Facilitators when we start the training that you do not have to be proficient in Yoga or even have your own Yoga practice-all you need is an open mind and an open Heart.
Why this is effective in the classroom:
- Starting the day with the 15 minute Program, puts everyone in positive and relaxed mindset-including Educators!
- Elements of the program are so easy and practical to use to get the children’s attention
- Whenever you find yourself with a last-minute schedule change, or in need of a transitional activity, Mini Me is perfect for that
- When you are trained, you receive a deck of Magick Yoga cards and games to play with the children using the cards! These are perfect activities for indoor recess or for transitions